Tuesday 16 April 2013

Lino Cutting - Tower Print

I've finally got myself back into the workshop, which always seems a struggle after two weeks away. I only really dipped my toe in though as i didn't print anything today, i just cut out a block based on the tower designs from last week... but it still counts as being productive.

The print is definatly the biggerst i've made - it's about 50cm high, it's actually bigger than i'd planned and now i'm not really sure what i'll use it for. I'm sure however that once i shart printing with it the devine inspiration will arrive (fingers and toes crossed x)

 
The join still need some work, but i'm waiting till it's printed to sort that out. I'm really pleased with the architectual quality and use of pattern i just hope it comes through in the print.
 
 
Here's a close up of the pillar, i love the quality of pattern in this section. I wanted a detailed close up of the top section but it wasn't coming out well through photographs - i promise a detailed image of this area once it's been printed.
 
 
This is a close up detail from an older tower block - now named the baby tower - i added more detail and pattern qualities, having the piece more inkeeping with the big tower and my current work.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment