Tuesday 9 April 2013

Design Work

I've still got 1 week before the workshops open in college so i'm spending this time finalising (starting) my print designs. My intention is  the the prints I design will be used on a range of products - mainly cushions and hopefully some old furniture i'm going to reupholster.
 
This design is one of the Blackpool tower, there's part of me that thinks the tower might be a little full on Blackpool theme but I can't resist including it in my work as i love the architectual qualities the building brings to my work.

 
First set of designs, the idea is that the tower itself will be a lino print and the pattern around the edges will be done in stitch - at the moment i'd like to do a mix of both machine stitch and hand stitch but i'm not sure of the details yet.
 
 
I'm looking at ways to include text on my work  - i just really love it when word and image are combined (could be from my brief moment studying illustration). I'm putting the quote "you plan a tower that could pierce the clouds" onto this piece, which i just think is a pretty nice and fitting quote for the image.
 
 
I going to be using a similar colour pallet to what i've already been using - so blue and red are continuing their collaberation - plus i want to work with a lot more sofeter colours, so i intend to use turquise, blue and gray for the stitched pattern with just splashes of bright red. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment