Friday 1 March 2013

This is where it all comes from...

As the name suggests, I am a print maker. The inspiration for my work comes from the beach, seaside and inparticular Blackpool, a theme which has developed since leaving the coast and moving to the country for my degree 3 years ago. Since then I have aquired a huge amount of research and images of Blackpool and the sea, and so i'm challanging myself to select just 3 photos that best illustrate the ideas behind my work.

 
This first image is of the North Pier, the North Pier is a lot less tacky than the South Pier - not that tacky is a bad thing - I love the peeling paint of the steats and the wooden decking. The blue and turquise tones and then that flash of the pink kiosk at the far end is what i love most about this image.


This image coms from the South Pier, which is definatly a lot more of what people expect from Blackpool. I really love the strong linear elements in the structure of the ferris wheel and how the candy coloured cabins contrast with the vibrant colours of the lights surrounding them.

 
This final image is the South Pier taken at beach level. Again I find the structual and linear qualities really exciting and love the how the supports contrast the colourful pier above. I also like how this image features the sea and the shore line, combining the natural with the man made.


No comments:

Post a Comment