Friday 8 March 2013

Missing the je ne sais quoi...

I been working in the workshop all week and aswell as the series in the previous post, I've also made another lino cut and printed the first layer.


 
 

The piece is the largert print I've done since being at uni and the image is a shell made up from architectual details of buildings around Blackpool. I'm really pleased with the first few prints i've done, and i'm looking forward to using a lot more colour with this block and adding stitch to the samples i've printed onto fabric.

And yet... there is something missing from my work so far which I can't quite put my finger on. It just feels like the thing that makes my work mine is missing - i've lost my essance, I'm not sure whether i'm just having one of those days but i hope that by next week i can find my mojo again.

No comments:

Post a Comment